Countermeasures against New Coronavirus Infections at the 9th Congress of the Association for Hyperdisciplinarity2020.02.25
Countermeasures against New Coronavirus Infectious Disease at the 9th Congress of the Association of Hyperdifferent Fields
February 25, 2020
At this time (February 25, 2020), we intend to hold the 9th Annual Meeting of the Association of Hyperdifferent Fields scheduled for March 6 and 7, 2020, at the Ota-ku Industrial Plaza PiO as scheduled.
Since January 2020, the transmission of a new type of coronavirus has been recognized in Japan, and the Steering Office of the Japan Society for Hyperdifferential Research is closely monitoring the situation. The government has issued a guideline on how to respond to this situation, which states, "When attending events or events where many people gather, we ask that each person take care to practice cough etiquette and frequent hand washing, and that the organizer of the event or event also consider taking measures to the extent possible, such as providing alcohol disinfectant at the entrance to the venue. We also ask that the organizers of events and functions consider taking measures to the extent possible, such as installing alcohol sanitizers at the entrances to the event venues. (as of February 20, 2020).
In addition, in accordance with the views of the Basic Policy on Countermeasures against New Coronavirus Infections announced by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare on February 25, 2020, we are strengthening our response at the venue and our call to visitors.
The secretariat plans to implement measures in accordance with the government's guidelines and in cooperation with the Ota-ku Industrial Plaza PiO, which is the venue for the implementation.
The measures that have been determined at this time (February 25, 2020) are as follows
- Alcohol sanitizer at all entrances and exits
- Thermography is used to measure the body temperature of visitors
- If the temperature is 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, admission may be denied after filling out a medical questionnaire and meeting with the resident physician.
- Installation of warning signs at all entrances and exits
- Signs at all entrances and exits recommending cough etiquette and frequent hand washing
- Encouraging the wearing of masks at the venue
- Establishment of first aid room
- Resident physicians
Visitors are requested to observe the following items.
- Wearing a mask
- Cough etiquette and frequent hand washing
- Please refrain from coming if you have a fever, illness, or other symptoms of a cold
- Please refrain from coming if you have strong lethargy (fatigue) or breathlessness
- Please refrain from coming if you have traveled to Hubei or Zhejiang Province, China within the past month.
Please note that there will be no exhibitors from China at this event.
Any additional infection prevention measures or updated responses to future government announcements will be posted on this website as soon as they are determined by the Management Office.
Regarding the prevention of infectious diseases, we encourage normal infection control measures such as cough etiquette and hand washing, taking into account that this is the time of year when colds and flu are common, not just new coronaviruses.
February 25, 2020
Hiroyuki Takahashi, President of the Society of Hyperdifferential Studies